Who We Are
General goals and objectives of PWSC:
- For the all around development
and Self realization of women, physically, economically, mentally,
emotionally and spiritually.
- To research,
develop and integrate women's spiritual values and leadership into
the collective consciousness and society at large for the welfare
- To help women to heal, strengthen
and honor their feminine spiritual qualities.
- For women to be honored as spiritual
mothers, with respect for their body, feelings, voices, mind, heart
- To form a council as a forum for
women's values and universal spiritual influence.
- To provide education and training
in Astaunga and Tantra Yoga for women and women's spirituality in
general through seminars, training, publications, classes and certification.
- To change old paradigms and institutions
including women's spitiual qualities.
- For women to become leaders through
education, emotional support, fundraising, developing their own
boards, projects etc.
- To create a sanctuary and hold a
space (physically and spiritually) for women to heal and re-dis-cover
and re-align themselves with their own ways of experiencing spirituality,
to recover from the effects of not listening to their own biological,
emotional and spiritual nature.
- To teach and get support from men
in our vision, where the masculine principle is supporting the feminine
Activities of PWSC:
Formation of a Spiritual Council of Women
- The Progressive Women's Spiritual Council functions as a global
network of women of different spiritual traditions and backgrounds.
- It is a forum from which the spiritual values, visions, voices and
leadership of women as universal mothers will be heard, expressed
and integrated into the awareness and actions of our global and
- For this PWSC creates different chapters, councils and mebers, who
come together in different locations, in gatherings, womens spirituality
circles, seminars and retreats.
- Each chapter has her own activities and services within the scope
of PWSC and according to their interest, talents and mission.
- Besides her own chapters, PWSC in general will support projects,
initiatives and women's non-profit organizations, which consciously
integrate women's spiritual values in their objectives.
Formation of a Women's Spirituality Institute and MeditationCenter
- The spiritual base of PWSC is the Women's Spirituality Institute
and Meditation Center based on Astaunga and Tantra Yoga and the
spiritual and social philosophy, as taught by the late P.R. Sarkar.
- The institute is researching, developing and teaching the ancient
teachings and philosophy of Tantra yoga and meditation, specifically
the matriarchal roots of Tantra.
- We also researchs and teach women's bio-psychology, women's spirituality
and other spiritual origins.
- Connected with the institute is the Meditation Center and women's
spiritual "Monastery", dedicated to the spiritual heart
of the Divine Mother, for purely spiritual religious purposes and
service to the world.
- Silent retreats and meditation intensives are held there as well
as daily and weekly meditation services by individuals and groups.
- A 4-year Acarya ( she who teaches by example) or Ministerial Training will
be held by the Meditation Center/Monastery with a 2 year certification
- The ministers/Acaryas will start their own chapter of PWSC with
a meditation center and service project according to their talents,
interest and resources. This couild be related to healing, health,
education, the arts, music, dance and social service to the poor,